Understanding Female Hair Loss :
If hair loss is hideous experience for men then it’s nasty for women. If a woman has all the wealth but losses hair, life becomes not less than hell for her. She loses self-esteem and happiness. Wealth worth millions of dollars becomes meaningless.
Balding in ladies is neither socially satisfactory nor captivating engaging by any principles. However numerous individuals neglect to acknowledge hair loss in ladies as a huge issue. However, ladies have more alternatives for compensating hair fall at the initial stage through styling and coloring, and hair extensions.
Hair loss is a woman is termed as androgenetic alopecia or androgenic alopecia. The aging may give the experience of female-pattern hair loss (FPHL) to some women. This type of balding may worsen when other factors like stress, crash dieting and anemia are added to the primary cause. The common causes of hair loss in females are hereditary baldness, hormonal imbalance because of pregnancy, thyroid issues, and side effects of certain medicines.
Female Pattern Baldness
Generally, ladies experience a diffuse diminishing of hair on the scalp which by and large beginnings in the middle keeping up the frontal hairline and afterward reach out to different zones of the scalp. The hair follicle in the rear of the head of females isn't commonly impervious to DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) as in men. Because of these reasons women faces hair thinning at the rear of the head which isn't in case of men's hair loss.
Clinically, alopecia turns into a critical issue when an individual can presently don't style their hair in a favored way in view of insufficient hair. The occurrence of hair loss in women is lower than in men. Among women having age around 50, approximately 30% have critical hair loss, contrasted and around 50% of men in this age classification. The frequency of female alopecia increases with age. Detection of female hair loss remains imperceptible for a significant period of time. One reason behind this is that the patterns of alopecia in women are generally that of diffuse thinning rather than hairlessness.
Solution to Women Hair Loss and Baldness
At the initial stage of hair loss, proper treatment can stop the hair loss and potentially help re-grow some of the hair one has already lost. Treatments can go up to 12 months to show its effect. One needs to stay on long-term treatment to keep get rid of hair loss and gain some density as a result of hair again.
But if the treatment fails and once baldness occurs it is irreversible in women just like in men. Below we are discussing some of the solutions for baldness in women.
Women Hair Transplant
Women Hair Transplant: Hair transplant which is performed in females to cover their baldness are classified as women hair transplant. The method or the technique is same as the FUE or FUT is done. The hair follicular units are transferred from donor site to the recipient site under local anesthesia. Since most of the women keep their hair long one needs to cut and trim the hair as per requirement.
Sequence followed in Women hair Transplant
• Hair is trimmed as per the requirement at the donor site and the recipient site.
• Local anesthesia is applied at donor and recipient site so that there will be no pain.
• The specialist extracts individual follicles from the rear of the scalp with a miniature punch instrument.
• The surgeon makes small holes with a punch at the recipient site of scalp gets hair follicles. They delicately embed extracted grafts in holes made at recipient site.
• During a single session, a specialist may transplant up to 3500 grafts in a single session very much depends on the area of baldness and the grafts available at the donor site.
• Though the hair transplant procedure is painless process but it takes 3-5 days to heal the recipient site and donor site.
The Following are the major conditions where this procedure works well.
• Alopecia due to genetic reasons.
• Alopecia which may occur due to burn, surgery or trauma.
• Traction alopecia.
• Women with high forehead.
A hair transplant is the most reliable choice for women if done by an expert and board-certified hair transplant surgeon.
Benefits one gets after Hair Transplant:
The hair transplant process provides numerous advantages which can be summed up as follows:
• Provides Natural hair re-growth.
• Painless and Scar-free procedure .
• Economical in the long run.
• Very short recovery time.
Limitation in women hair transplant
If we analyze the benefit and the limitation of the hair transplant that offer to a men and women is that later have limited benefit as compared to former. The main reason is that the donor grafts are very limited in case of women. But in men apart from head the beard hair and body hair from chest, legs and arm pit can be used as donor hair. The second drawback in female pattern baldness is that the donor areas are generally unstable. The donor area hair also faces thinning, just like hair at the rest of the head. That implies that if these grafts are extracted and transplanted there is chances that theses new transplanted hairs may fall again.
It’s a risk to uses hair grafts from unstable area for hair transplant. It is our advice that a hair transplant is an expensive procedure and one should take notice of all the factors to avoid the disappointment later.
How much does a women hair transplant cost at our Clinic?
The cost of Female hair transplant in India is a fraction of amount charged in western countries like USA, Canada, and Europe etc. At our clinic, we provide the most advanced hair transplant treatments to our patients so that anyone can avail from them with full confidence. Our charges lie between Rs.30/graft to Rs.35/grafts which is economical. Total grafts implanted decided the compete expenses.
Some other hair loss treatment one can try:
PRP Treatment: Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is done by drawing a required amount of blood from patient and separating PRP from it with the help of medicines and special type of centrifuge device. Then the separated “PRP” is carefully injected into the scalp area having hair loss. It is found that after several sittings of “PRP” most of our patients experienced reduction in hair loss and increase in density of hair. Each PRP sitting takes 30 minutes and have no recovery time.
Medicines: In modern medicines the most reliable is the minoxidil. Minoxidil (Rogaine) 5% is the only topical medication for female-pattern hair loss which is also approved by the FDA. Appling once in a day have shown result to near about 80% of women in terms of hair growth. One can try it after the consultation from certified physician.
Alternative Medicines (Home Remedies): Prevention is better than cure, this line is rightly applied to controlling the hair loss at the initial stage. Few traditional techniques are used to improve the overall health of hair as well as to control the hair fall.
Following are few traditional and homemade alternative remedies for improving the hair health.
1. Massage on Scalp: Massaging the scalp improves the blood circulation at the dermal papilla cells of hair and stimulates the scalp. The message can be done with conjunction of hair oils and masks. Massaging reduces the stress one of the factor for premature hair fall hence it gives additional benefit to reduce hair fall.
2. Improving Diet and doing Exercise: Bad food habits and hectic life is added to the factor responsible for hair fall. One needs to improve their food habit by feeding herself with lots of nutrients particularly protein and iron. However, along with eating a balanced diet ensure one is exercising which increased the overall blood circulation and helps absorbing nutrients in body.
3. Consume Fish oil: Eating omega fatty acids can help to improve your hair from within since they are filled with nutrients and proteins. Taking an omega supplement along with antioxidants helps to improve hair density and thickness.
4. Apply Lemon Juice: The use of lemon juice or lemon oil can improve quality and growth of hair. Lemon oil can help you maintain a healthy scalp and stimulate hair development. Apply lemon juice to scalp and hair for 10 to 15 minutes followed by washing with shampoo.
5. Apply Onion juice: Studies have established that onion juice successfully treat patchy alopecia areata by promoting hair growth. Onion juice is likewise thought to improve blood circulation. One can crush a couple of onions and squeeze out the juice. Apply the juice to your scalp and hair and leave in for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Then shampoo normally.
6. Apply Fenugreek Hair Mask: One of the popular remedy for hair loss, one can make the Fenugreek mask at home. Soak them in water overnight, grind them to a paste the following morning, and apply it to your hair and scalp.
7. Apply Egg Hair Mask: Egg rich in sulphur, phosphorous, and protein, eggs make for an excellent hair fall treatment at home. Mix one egg white with a teaspoon of Olive Oil and Honey and apply the paste from root to tips. Rinse after 20 minutes with a mild shampoo.